Turpentine baths are an invention, unique in its useful properties, to which it is simply impossible not to pay attention. We suggest you familiarize yourself with the recipes for their preparation and the principle of action.
Turpentine is a turpentine, secreted by pine trees for healing damage in the cortex. The second name - turpentine oil - turpentine received for the high content of terpenes, which form the basis of essential oils. The benefits of turpentine baths have been known since the beginning of the 20th century.
It was also used by our grandmothers to treat joints, bronchitis and many other diseases. They are famous for their therapeutic effect, and are also recommended for caring for their body.
Turpentine baths according to Zalmanov
The healing properties of gum turpentine have been known for a long time. The use of it in the form of baths was allowed by the discovery of the doctor Abram Zalmanov at the beginning of the 20th century. He found a way to dissolve turpentine oil in water.
The action of turpentine baths is aimed at almost all body systems, so they have a wide range of applications - from the treatment of a large number of diseases to general rejuvenation, and are also used in cosmetology.
Turpentine emulsion for baths
Many are afraid of the association of turpentine with the technical and construction direction. Do not worry - technical turpentine and gum turpentine are completely different concepts.
A.S. Zalmanov invented a method for distilling gum turpentine with water vapor, due to which the emulsion has spread in the hydrotherapy direction. Zalmanov provided 2 types of liquid that differ in their properties.
White turpentine baths
White emulsion baths are recommended for people with low / normal pressure. You will feel a burning or tingling sensation during the procedure. It is due to the presence of salicylic acid, which is irritating.
White baths open the capillaries, allowing toxins and slag to leave the body, which is extremely important for the normal functioning of the vital systems of the body.
Yellow turpentine baths
Recommended for high blood pressure. Yellow baths enhance perspiration, dissolve deposits in the joints, promote the release of metabolites from the body.
After the procedure, your temperature may rise slightly, profuse sweating will begin. The presence of castor oil compensates for the effect of turpentine, so you will not feel a burning sensation.
Mixed turpentine baths
Mixed baths are of two types:
- A mixture of a white emulsion and a yellow solution
- Alternating white and yellow bathtubs
Dosages of such baths depend on your health, blood pressure level, goals that you pursue. So, for example, with increased pressure, increase the dosage of the yellow solution.
Important: In the case of treatment of the disease, do not adjust the dosage yourself, so as not to aggravate the situation.
How to make turpentine baths?
- Suitable room temperature - 25-30 ° C
- Fill the bath halfway with water at 37 ° C
- Pour the turpentine mixture (start from 20 ml per 200 l of water, adding 5-10 ml each time) in a container, add a little water and mix well
- Pour the diluted turpentine into the prepared bath, stir
- Gradually add hot water. When using a white bath, bring the temperature to 37-38 ° С, while taking a yellow bath - to 40-42 ° С
How to take turpentine baths? Instruction manual
- Dilute a small amount of the emulsion in warm water and hold your hand in it for 10-15 minutes, then watch the reaction for 20-30 minutes. If you see redness or itch, refuse the procedure
- Before taking a bath, close all sensitive parts of the body (you can smear with petroleum jelly, for example)
- Hot water should be added no earlier than after 3 minutes
- The procedure takes 10-20 minutes. Start at 10, gradually increasing the time by 1-2 minutes with each reception
Important: If you feel an increasing burning sensation, stop bathing immediately! Next time, reduce the amount of turpentine or the procedure time.
- Be careful - the bottom of the bathtub may be slippery
- After the procedure, put on a bathrobe and lie down for about an hour, you do not need to bathe and wipe the body after bathing. It is advisable to drink hot tea
- To achieve the result, you need 5-10 procedures
The benefits and harms of turpentine baths
Turpentine baths are widely known as a means for losing weight, but they still have a lot of useful properties:
- Improve metabolism
- Normalize blood pressure
- Break down and remove fats from the body
- Purify from toxins and toxins
- Restores and improves blood flow
- Cleans pores by gently applying to the skin
- Improve emotional state
Subject to the rules of use, the correctly calculated amount of turpentine oil and observing the time frame of the bath, they do no harm.
Turpentine baths: indications and contraindications
Turpentine baths cover a wide range of medical and cosmetic problems. Doctors recommend this procedure for the following indications:
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Digestive system disorders
- Circulatory system diseases
- Gynecological and urological problems
- Endocrine system diseases
- Joint diseases
- Diseases of the musculoskeletal system
Although a turpentine bath is a universal therapeutic and cosmetic product, there are a number of contraindications:
- Skin diseases with open skin lesions
- Pregnancy and lactation
- Component intolerance or allergy
- Alcohol intoxication
Home turpentine bath recipes
To take a turpentine bath, you will need to prepare a white emulsion or yellow solution yourself:
- To prepare a white emulsion, you will need: 0.5 l of purified (distilled or boiled) water, 30 g of baby soap, 3 g of salicylic acid, 0.5 l of gum balm and 20 ml of camphor alcohol
- Boil water and put acid and grated soap in it, boil for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. After removing the pan, add camphor alcohol and gum balm
- Shake well before use.
Important: Use enameled utensils for cooking.
- In order to make a solution you will need: 750 ml of gum balm, 40 g of caustic soda, 300 ml of castor oil, 250 ml of oleic acid.
Boil castor oil in a water bath for 5-10 minutes
- Dilute caustic soda with water and add to the pan. When the mixture thickens a little, pour oleic acid into it (you can replace 350 ml of olive oil) and mix
- Stir until the contents of the pan become liquid (oil consistency). Then remove the pan and add turpentine
Turpentine baths for osteochondrosis
- In the treatment of osteochondrosis, yellow baths are prescribed. Due to their ability to remove salts from the intervertebral discs and influence phosphorus metabolism, they practically help restore cartilage
- Harmful substances are removed with sweat through the skin, and muscle relaxation provides a painkiller effect
- A.S. With diseases of the spine, Zalmanov appointed to take mixed baths, alternating 2 white and one yellow. To stop the pain, take a bath of 15-20 treatments every day or alternate every other day.
Important: Stop taking mixed baths if your blood pressure rises above 150 mmHg.
Turpentine baths for joints
Turpentine baths improve metabolism in the bone-cartilage and muscle tissues, which allows you to quickly restore the mobility of the damaged joint and relieve pain.
Turpentine baths for weight loss
- Thanks to its healing and cleansing properties, turpentine baths actively contribute to weight loss and get rid of cellulite.
- Do not abuse the procedures - more does not mean better. In addition, turpentine requires careful handling, because it is a rather active chemical element.
- The optimal course for weight loss is 20-25 baths, alternating every other day. Then take a break of at least 2 months
Turpentine baths for varicose veins
Before using turpentine baths for varicose veins, be sure to consult your doctor. In the later stages of the disease, hot baths are contraindicated.
You can try rubbing with turpentine. Take 1 tsp. turpentine, 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, 1 egg yolk. Mix the ingredients well. Rub daily for 3-4 months.
Turpentine foot bath
Turpentine baths can be used locally - for legs or for hands. The effect of such baths is similarly full, but less pronounced. Remarkably helps with the appearance of a heel spur, varicose veins.
For feet, use a yellow solution if you are not suffering from high blood pressure.
Turpentine baths for colds
For colds, take yellow baths, as they increase body temperature, which helps to remove harmful substances from the body.
For the treatment of colds, take a bath daily, the duration of the course is 3-6 days.
Turpentine baths with myoma
Using turpentine baths to treat fibroids is a moot point.
Important: For uterine fibroids of large sizes (8 weeks or more), this procedure is contraindicated.
With smaller myomas, do not raise the temperature above 36 ° C, otherwise you can provoke complications. Alternate yellow and white baths every other day, the general course is 10-15 days.
Dry turpentine bath
Dry turpentine baths are used to rub the problem areas to which the treatment is directed. You can use them between Zalmanov bath receptions or as an independent procedure. Ideal for traveling or on vacation.
You can buy a dry turpentine bath in pharmacies. It is very convenient: leaves no residue and does not require rinsing.