Interesting information about the spring equinox of Narvuz Bayram.
All peoples living on our big planet have traditions that they try to honor and pass on to their descendants. And perhaps the most important tradition for all people is the celebration of the so-called family holidays, which bring together all family members in one place.
Such an important day for people living in Muslim countries is the holiday of Nowruz Bayram. They consider this day to be special, so they try to do everything so that it goes as positive and emotional as possible. About what Navruz Bayram is and how to conduct it correctly, we will tell in our article.
What does the holiday of Navruz Bayram mean?Holiday Navruz Bayram
Most people consider Navruz Bayram a Muslim holiday, so they are not even interested in its traditions. In fact, he has no direct relation to Islam. If you look at open sources, you can find in them information that this spring holiday appeared back in those days when people worshiped pagan gods and believed that if they were appeased, then they would live peacefully for at least one year.
Most researchers attribute its appearance to the agricultural calendar, according to which ancient people planted gardens. They firmly believed that it was on the day of the celebration of Navruz Bayram that winter completely recedes and that a period comes on the ground when it is possible to plow the land. And although modern people no longer believe in pagan Gods, they put a similar meaning on this holiday. They believe that it is on this day that spring comes, which brings to the earth a period of complete renewal, spiritual growth and the flourishing of kindness.
How is the Navruz equinox translated into Russian?The value of Navruz in Russian
As you probably already understood, the holiday of Navruz Bayram is nothing but the day of the vernal equinox, when day and night equal and last the same time. Since people have always associated this sincere and kind holiday with the expectation of beauty, in our time they began to translate it into Russian, as New day. In some Muslim countries, for example, in Iran, Navruz Bayram begins to deduct the first day of the coming year, so in this country it is translated as New Year.
What nations and countries celebrate Navruz Bayram?Peoples celebrating Nowruz Bayram
As it was mentioned a little above, Navruz Bayram is celebrated exclusively in Muslim countries, moreover, in some of them it is an official day off, which is customary to spend with relatives and friends, eating special food and playing national games.
The people who celebrate this holiday, as a rule, prepare for it very carefully. They try to clean their home as well as possible, pay off all their debts and prepare many delicious dishes for their relatives.
Nowruz Bayram is celebrated in:
When does Navruz Bayram start in Dagestan, Tajikistan, Azerbaijan, Tatarstan, Uzbekistan?Days of celebration of Navruz in different countries
Although Navruz Bayram is considered to be the official day of the commencement of the celebration on March 21, some countries begin to have fun on the 20th. The first rites associated with this important event for them, they begin to hold on this very day, immediately after evening prayer.
As for the timing of the holiday, then here it is different for everyone. One day is enough for some nations, and some have fun and feast from a week to 15 days. And, for example, in Afghanistan and Iran it is customary to celebrate Navruz Bayram the first 5 days of the coming year, as well as the 13th.
Days of celebration of Navruz in different countries:
- Kazakhstan. In this country, Navruz is celebrated on March 22. Kazakh Bayram is a bit like the Shrovetide more familiar to us. On a festive day, it is also customary to set the table and have fun in the town square. Also, without fail, all people put spring water, home halva and wheat grains on the table.
- Azerbaijan. People living in this country celebrate Navruz on March 20, 21 and 22. All these days are official holidays and thanks to this, Azerbaijanis manage to devote time to prayers and communication with their relatives.
- Uzbekistan Although March 21 is considered the official day of celebrating the spring holiday, in some cities and towns the walk lasts up to 15 days. These days, people gather in teahouses, where they necessarily consume grains of overgrown wheat and fragrant pilaf.
- Tajikistan. In this country, it is customary to celebrate Navruz Bayram from March 21 to 24. The main symbol of the holiday for Tajiks is fire. They consider it a symbol of purification, therefore, during this period they try to bypass their possessions, holding a lit torch in their hands.
Spring holiday script Navruz BayramSpring holiday script Navruz Bayram
As you probably already understood, Navruz Bayram is very similar to the Slavic Shrovetide, so you can carry it out in the same way as her. This means that you can pre-select several games that will appeal to both children and adults, learn how much songs, poems and feel free to spend the holiday.
In this case, the main thing is to create an atmosphere of fun in which absolutely all people will be involved. Also, do not forget to take care of the right musical accompaniment and inexpensive, but interesting prizes.
- Leading: I welcome you my Roads guests at the most fun and warm holiday of spring! Today an important holiday of Navruz has come, which opens the door to our bright and warm future. Happy holiday my dear!
- At the end of the congratulatory speech, the host can tell the story of the appearance of this day.
- Leading: Now that I have told you in more detail about Navruz Bayram, let's check how you listened carefully to me. The one who gives the most answers to my questions will receive an incentive prize.
- When is this bright holiday celebrated and how is it translated into Russian? (March 21, New Day or New Year)
- What is the symbol of Nowruz Bayram? (overgrown wheat and live fire)
- What dishes are required on Navruz Bayram? (depending on the country of celebration, this may be pilaf, dumplings, halva, baklava, shakyarbur, sambus, sabsi)
- In which countries is Navruz celebrated? (Iran, Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan)
Leading: And now, dear guests, let's move on from the official part to the fun. I suggest you compete in speed, strength and ingenuity. I ask everyone to go to the square and continue the walk already there.
Games for the holiday
Bring the egg in the spoon
For this relay you will need 2 or 3 tablespoons, small eggs and the corresponding number of participants. To begin with, you will need to determine the distance over which they will have to transfer the eggs. After this, the spoon is fixed with teeth, an egg rests on it, and immediately after that the leader should start. Participants should bring the egg as quickly as possible from one point to another, not helping themselves with their hands, but at the same time trying not to break the fragile load.
This relay is designed for a large number of participants, depending on the length of the rope in one team there can be from 5 to 10 people. All you need to do is draw a line on the ground and divide the rope with a red ribbon into two identical parts. After that, the teams are given a sign, and they begin to pull the rope. The team that is the first to pull the rivals to their side and is considered the winner.
The strongest man
This game is suitable for both boys and adult men. In this case, you will have to determine which member of the stronger sex throws a stone next to the rest (for children, stones can be replaced with balls). So, men stand in a row and throw stones at the command. The one who threw the stone farthest and is considered the winner. If you want to stretch the game, you can let the players make three attempts, and determine the winner based on these data.
What do they give to Navruz Bayram?Gifts on Nowruz Bayram
As for gifts on Navruz, they can be completely different. If you wish, you can please your loved one with beautifully packed sweets or homemade cakes. The only thing you should consider when preparing gifts for this spring holiday is that it is customary for Muslims to please people of all faiths on this day. It is believed that in this way a person shares joy and this contributes to the fact that our world becomes kinder and cleaner.
Also, do not forget that people of the Muslim faith need to get gifts correctly. For example, a stranger cannot give a woman linen, even if it is a woman. In addition, you cannot give alcohol, products that contain pork, gold jewelry, and animal paintings. In view of this, it will be better if you choose presentations that you can present without being afraid to offend a person.
- Silver jewelry
- Muslim clothes
- Wooden chess
- Tea Sets
- Bookmarks for Quran
- Azan Clock
- Hat and mat for prayer
What dishes are prepared at Navruz Bayram?Recipes for Navruz Bayram
As you probably already understood, Navruz Bayram holiday is special for all Muslims, so they try to put only the right dishes on the table that day. That is why in every house you will definitely be offered to taste halva prepared from sprouted grains and seeds, the names of which begin with the letter “syn”. Also, nuts, dried fruits, various types of cheese and green eggs are always put on the festive table.
- Onions - 600 g
- Champignons - 300 g
- Vegetable oil - 50 ml
- Lemon juice - 2 tbsp. l
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the onion and boil it in salted water until soft
- Pull the onion out of the water and let it cool slightly
- In the same water, boil pre-peeled champignons
- Turn the onion into a smoothie and mix it with vegetable oil, salt and pepper
- Put the resulting mashed potatoes on a large dish, and put completely cooled mushrooms on top of it
- Beef or lamb liver - 700 g
- Butter - 100 g
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clear the liver of hard films
- Cut it into large pieces
- Pepper them and salt and bake on coals using a grill
- While it reaches readiness, prepare the sauce
- Melt the butter, add chopped garlic and a little salt
- Spread the liver on a festive dish and pour it with fragrant sauce
How to sprout wheat for Nowruz?Sprouted Wheat Seeds
As mentioned a little above, sprouted wheat is the main symbol of the spring holiday of Navruz. Every housewife necessarily sprouts it, and tries to do it in such a way that the sprouted grains have sprouts of the same length.
Recommendations for wheat germination on Nowruz Bayram:
- If possible, find seeds that are specifically designed for germination.
- Rinse them under running water and then put them in a deep bowl
- Warm water and pour wheat on it so that it slightly covers the grain
- Leave the grain to stand in a warm place for 5-6 hours
- Drain the liquid that they did not absorb and rinse again under running water
- Having removed all the garbage, you can lay out the wheat in an even layer and wait until it sprouts
- For this process to occur correctly, do not forget to moisten it from the spray gun 2-3 times a day
- If you do it right, then in a week you will get juicy green sprouts
Congratulations on the Spring Festival of Navruz Bayram March 21Congratulation number 1 Congratulation number 2 Congratulation number 3
A little higher, we offer you a few short congratulations, with which you can congratulate your closest people with Navruz. When saying these words, remember that this must be done with good intentions and from a pure heart. Only in this case the person whom you congratulate will be able to feel how much he is dear to you.