Dishes prepared using thin Armenian pita bread are unusually tasty and nutritious. Pies, rolls, strudel, all kinds of cold snacks and hot main dishes diversify your daily menu, and their preparation does not take much time. The article not only recipes for pita roll, but also many other tasty ideas for all occasions
Pita bread with crab sticks or pita rollLavash roll appetizer - an example of serving a dish
This is a classic version of a delicious snack roll, which is suitable for a festive table and for a picnic
- thin Armenian lavash squared - 1 sheet
- crab sticks - 100 g
- any pickled cottage cheese - 50 g. In this case, feta cheese or feta are perfect
- dill greens - to taste
- fat sour cream - 50-75 g
- salt to taste
How to cook:
- Grind cheese in any convenient way:
- passing through a meat grinder
- Mix the crushed cheese with sour cream. Add finely chopped greens. If necessary, salt
- Lubricate the entire area of the pita rectangle with the resulting sauce.
- Spread finely chopped crab sticks on top of the sauce
- Roll tight roll. Be sure to pack it in cling film to prevent chapping and drying. Place the carefully packed roll in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- “Rested” and soaked roll, cut into portions, up to 2 cm thick
- Serve as you wish.
Egg pita or breakfast for a special dayFried eggs in a basket of pita bread - an example of serving a dish
Special days require special breakfasts. You can, of course, treat yourself to a delicious dessert, but dessert is a momentary pleasure, not a full meal. Breakfast should be nutritious, tasty, and on special days also beautifully served.
In two servings:
- square (20 cm x 20 cm), carved from thin Armenian lavash - 2
- fresh chicken egg - 2
- salt and spices to taste. Famous chefs advise adding black pepper, tarragon, basil, thyme, cardamom, parsley, onion, garlic to egg dishes
- several circles of your favorite sausage or ham
How to cook:
- Place the pita squares in the muffin / cupcake pan. The mold material can be any: silicone, metal. In extreme cases, the molds can even be made of food foil. Lock the pita bread by covering it with one more tin.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Put the pita baskets in the oven for 5-7 minutes. During this time, the pita should dry and lightly brown. Remove the baskets from the oven and remove the top form. Leave the lower form as a safety net
- Divide the egg into protein and yolk. Add salt and spices to the protein part. Mix well, but do not whisk. Pour protein into a pita basket
- Put the baskets in the oven for 10 minutes. After 5 minutes, mix the protein. This will help to prevent uneven protein preparation.
- Gently pour the yolk onto the finished protein. Lightly salt. Lay out a few slices of sausage or ham. If desired, you can sprinkle with your favorite hard cheese. Put in the oven for another 7-10 minutes
- Before serving, remove the basket from the mold. Be careful: dried pita bread can be very fragile.
Pita bread with cheese or pita breadLavash pies with cheese
- thin Armenian pita bread of rectangular shape - 4 sheets
- mustard - 1 tsp.
- greens (dill is better) - 1 bunch
- fresh cottage cheese of any fat content - 300 g
- salt to taste
- hard or semi-hard cheese - 150 g
- 1 egg yolk
- water - 1 tbsp. l
- refined vegetable oil - 100 ml
How to cook:
- Finely chop the pre-washed and dried greens
- Pass the cottage cheese through a meat grinder or blend (if necessary). If your cottage cheese is dry, add a little sour cream or yogurt
- Grind cheese in any convenient way: grate, finely chop
- In a convenient container, thoroughly mix greens, cheese, cottage cheese, mustard. Salt
- Cut pita leaves into equal strips. This is easy to do with scissors.
Tip: If the pita is a little dried up and less elastic, just sprinkle it with water
- Put the filling on the edge of the strip and wrap the corner, forming a triangular pocket
- Gradually wrap a triangle pie. Make sure that the pita does not tear on the fold lines
Ready Triangle Pie
- Lubricate the pan with vegetable oil, warm the oil, reduce the heat to medium. Sauté the pita triangles until golden. Be careful: the pies are reddened very quickly!
Chicken pita or tasty snackA variant of a delicious pita snack
Such mini-rolls will be a wonderful snack for schoolchildren, students, office workers, etc.
- thin Armenian lavash - 1 sheet
- chicken fillet - 100-150 g
- fresh cucumber - 1
- lettuce or Chinese cabbage leaves
- some thinly sliced pieces of hard cheese
- mayonnaise or any other sauce to taste
How to cook:
- Cut the fillet into thin long strips. Quickly fry the chicken in a well-heated pan with a little vegetable oil. Add a little ground turmeric, cardamom, black pepper, zira, dried garlic, paprika to the meat. Do not salt the meat during cooking, otherwise it will lose all the juice and be overdried
- Wash the cucumber and cut into thin strips
- On a sheet of pita bread, lay out the coarsely torn lettuce or Peking cabbage. Starting forming the roll, be sure to step back from the edge of the sheet about 5 cm
- Put a thin strip of sauce on lettuce leaves
- Place chicken pieces on a pillow of vegetables and sauce and lightly salt them with finely ground salt
- Place cucumber straws and hard cheese on the meat
- Roll up a tight roll and pack it in foil, carefully twisting the tips
- Cut the roll into two and place it in the lunch box. Do not remove packaging. The foil will prevent the flow of sauce, the loss of pieces of vegetables or meat during meals and protect the roll itself from poorly washed hands (if we are talking about a children's snack)
Similarly, you can cook pita bread with fish, replacing the chicken with fish slices
Lavash roll with minced meat or meat pie in cheese and sour cream fillingLavash roll with minced meat, baked in cheese and sour cream filling
- thin Armenian pita bread. The number of sheets depends on the size of the pita and its shape
- fresh eggplant - 400 g. If you do not like eggplant, replace this ingredient with mushrooms, zucchini, cabbage or any other seasonal vegetables
- onions - 100 g
- vegetable oil - 100 ml
- minced meat - 300 g. For minced meat, it is better to mix several types of meat in an arbitrary proportion
- fresh chicken eggs - 2
- sour cream of any fat content - 200 ml
- salt and spices, sesame seeds to taste
- hard cheese - 150-200 g
How to cook:
- With eggplant, cut the skin and cut into a small cube. Lightly salt, gently mix and fold in a colander. Leave on for 10 minutes. Salt will speed up the process of extracting juice, which, draining, will deprive the vegetable of a specific bitterness
- After the specified time, rinse the eggplants with running water to remove excess salt and squeeze them slightly
- Passed finely chopped onion in a small amount of vegetable oil until transparent. Add the squeezed eggplant and simmer over low heat for 7 minutes under the lid. Eggplant should become soft. If necessary, add vegetables, remove from heat and cool slightly
- Salt the minced meat, add your favorite spices, 1 egg and mix well. Then add the onion and eggplant stir-frying and mix thoroughly again. Delicate eggplant cubes lose shape while stirring, interfering well with minced meat
- Unroll lavash sheet and sprinkle with water. This is convenient to do with a spray bottle for water. Put a thin ball of filling on pita bread and roll a tight roll. Perform similar manipulations with all pita leaves
- Tightly roll the rolls in a mold greased with vegetable oil. If during installation the rolls burst at the folds, do not be discouraged. Sour cream fill will hide the small flaws in the molding of the cake. Rolls can be stacked in both round and rectangular shapes.
- Grind the cheese in any convenient way and mix with sour cream and egg. If the cheese is not very salty, be sure to salt the fill and add pepper (optional)
- Put the filling on rolls, evenly distributing on the surface of the future pie. Sprinkle generously with sesame seeds on top
- Bake the cake in the oven, well preheated to 180 ° C, for 30-40 minutes. A sign of the readiness of the cake is a golden cheese crust on top
A delicious and quick dessert will be apple strudel from pita bread, and for get-togethers with friends, prepare chips from pita bread